Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Bee or Bird Wings!
I needed these wings for Lion Brands stacking ring game for the bumblebee. They have a bit of a ruffle and twist to them. so they have movement! I used worsted weight, but Im sure any yarn could be adapted to work.
I used an H hook and an E hook, but any 2 hook sizes that are very different will work.
Using the H hook
1. ch 6
2. Sc in 2nd stitch from hook to end (5 total for this side)
3. sc 3 extra into last stitch (8 total)
4. continue to other size (like a circle) and sc 4
5. sc 1 extra into the last stitch
6. 3 sc on the next side
7. 2 sc in each of the next 6 stitches
8. 3 slip stitche
9. 2 slip stitches in next (1) stitch
10. 4 slip stitches
11. 2 sc in each of the next 10 stitches
12. 1 sc
13. change to E (or smaller of the two) hook - 9 sc
14. slip stitch
tie off and weave in ends!