I found a hat I made for a doll years ago, but forgot about! My mom decided it would be perfect for an American Girl doll, so we gave it to this little girl I babysit since she just bought a second American Girl doll. She loves it... and requested a second hat in purple. Of course I had no idea how I made the first hat, so I decided to wing it and write down the pattern so I never have to go through this again.
I used a H hook and worsted weight yarn.
1. 6 dc into magic circle
2. ch 2 then slip stitch to join
3. ch2 , 2 dc in each stitch, 3 dc in ch2 spot of the previous round (the last bit), ch1, slip to join
4. ch2 *2dc, 1dc repeat from * around - slip to join
5. ch2, *2dc, dc 1 in next 2 stitches repeat from * around - slip to join
6. ch2 *2 dc, 1 dc in next 3 stitches repeat from * around - slip to join
7. ch2 *2dc, 1 dc in next 4 stitches repeat from * around - slip to join
8. ch2, dc around, slip to join
9. ch2, dc around, slip to join
10. tie off and enjoy!